Adding a fence to your property is one of the many ways that you can enhance it. Not only does fencing add curb appeal, but most importantly, they improve safety and security. The winterization process is vital to keep your fence durable and aesthetically-pleasing all-year-round. Winterization is a nuanced technique that varies depending on your specific fence type. Today, we offer you a guide. Here are the benefits of winterizing your fence, as well as the best ways to winterize multiple fence types.
You Should Winterize Your Fence Because:
- You’ll enhance your home’s curb appeal
- Your property will be more secure
- You’ll lessen the chances of needing to repair your fence or invest in new fence installation
- You’ll add privacy to your home
- Harsh winter weather will be no match for a winterized fence
What Happens if You Don’t Winterize Your Fence?
Choosing not to invest in winterization may make life harder than it needs to be. Small damages that go ignored came become worse due to the cold, wet, and harsh winter weather. As a professional fencing company, we can repair your fencing or install a brand new fence altogether. However, you should put maintenance into the forefront to prevent severe fencing problems. They are avoidable.
How to Winterize a Wooden Fence
- Cut and remove any severely damaged sections
- Wood putty can fill in small gaps and cracks
- Scrub your wooden fence with a bleach-and-water solution
- Take the time to stain and repaint your fence
How to Winterize Aluminum Fences
- Spray any slightly rusted areas with aluminum-surface paint
- Scrub rust with a brush
- Cover the fence hinges in rust protector
- Use a powder-coat to extend the amount of time between maintenance tasks
How to Winterize Vinyl Fences
- Clean your vinyl fence, removing dirt and debris
- Secure loose parts
- Remove mold from your vinyl fence with a power wash
The Main Takeaway
Fence winterization keeps a fence in excellent shape. Taking time out to winterize your fence and perform these maintenance tasks before winter hits will help your fencing survive the winter. If you need repairs done that you can’t do yourself, or it’s time for a new fence, then give us a call. You can only benefit from hiring a professional fencing company.
Get in Touch With Hercules Fence Today
Hercules Fence has experience with nearly every type of residential and commercial fencing material imaginable, from wood and aluminum to chain link, vinyl, steel, and even temporary fencing. We have developed a reputation for quality work and fair, competitive prices. Hercules Fence is ready to serve you from six convenient locations. We have offices in Manassas, Richmond, Newport News, Norfolk, Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina.
If you have any questions about finding your dream fence or fence maintenance, you can contact Hercules Fence today by calling (757) 316-3600 or visit FencesNewportNews.comtoday for a free quote