If you’re considering a fence install, now is the best time to make it happen. Residential fences provide numerous benefits to the property and homeowner as long as they are properly installed. Spring and summer are ideal times to install a new fence on your property or replace an old one with issues. Before diving headfirst into your next fence installation project, read on for some important do’s and don’ts of a fence installation for DIYers and homeowners hiring a professional.
- Make sure that you’ve gotten the property lines correctly marked.
- Use the proper tools, including a level, to ensure the fence goes up correctly.
- Have assistance for the more labor-intensive parts, including lifting and installing posts.
- Ensure that you’ve got the proper length of posts, corner bracing, and post caps.
- Proper research before hiring a fence contractor or contracting company
- Make sure hired contractors are licensed and insured
- Make hire contractors sure they have obtained the correct permits before beginning the installation process.
- Set a realistic budget that will fit your needs.
- Prepare your lawn beforehand
- Talk to your neighbors about the fence installation
- Purchase materials in advance
- Consider all factors when choosing fencing materials
- Hesitate to ask key questions before committing to a project
- Rush choosing a fence contractor or contracting company
- Rush through the installation process – make sure that you’re giving the posts time to set in the concrete properly.
- Skimp on materials.
- Set an unrealistic budget, goals, or timeline
- Start a fence installation project without checking local zoning laws
- Install a fence without knowing where your property line begins and ends
- Start a fence installation project without knowing the laws and regulations of your state and local Home Owner’s Association (HOA)
Get in Touch With Hercules Fence Today
Hercules Fence has experience with nearly every type of residential and commercial fencing material imaginable, from wood and aluminum to chain link, vinyl, steel, and even temporary fencing. We have developed a reputation for quality work and fair, competitive prices. Hercules Fence is ready to serve you from six convenient locations. We have offices in Manassas, Richmond, Newport News, Norfolk, Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina.
If you have any questions about finding your dream fence or fence maintenance, you can contact Hercules Fence today by calling (757) 316-3600 or visit FencesNewportNews.com today for a free quote.