Wood fences can withstand a lot of wear and tear, but eventually, everyone will have to make some repairs! Whether you are looking at a portion that has begun to rot or a section that was damaged from storm debris, here are the primary reasons why you should repair your wood fence and when you should get the job done.
Why Should You Repair Your Wood Fence?
Many different problems can afflict your wood fence, and here are the most common reasons that you might need to make a repair:
- Wet or Dry Rot: This should be cut out with a small saw and patched with an appropriate material if the rot is on a small section of fence. If the rot exists on large portions of the fence, you might need to replace the entire section or wood fence.
- Termite Damage: This damage can be difficult to gauge without the help of a professional. If the termites have spread throughout the fence, you will need to replace the entire fence and make sure that the termites are gone from the surrounding area.
- Popped or Rusted Nails: These should be safely removed and replaced.
- Sagging Fence Posts: These are another thing you should consult with a professional about. They could be as a result of the posts themselves or the holes that they are placed in. If a post is rotted, you will need to replace it. If the hole is too big, fill it in with gravel and concrete.
- Fallen Rails or Portions: These happen after bad storms and weather events, so repair pieces as needed and install them again.
When Should You Repair Your Wood Fence?
If your fence only has small areas of damage, it’s a good idea to repair instead of replacing it. If large sections of your fence have decay or insect infestation issues, it’s better to replace the entire thing instead of simply replacing portions. Remember that your fence is the first thing that people see when they approach your home, so you always want to make a positive first impression.
Let Us Help You Keep Your Wood Fence in Excellent Shape for Years to Come
Ready to get your perfect fence installed around your residential or commercial property or get your existing wood fence repaired? Hercules Fence has extensive experience in repairing and constructing fences made out of any and every material. Our experienced team can help meet your fencing needs, whether they’re residential or commercial, for the right price. Give us a call at 757-316-3600 or visit us online. To see examples of our work and keep in touch, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Flickr, and Pinterest.