Throughout the east coast, winter means deer tracks throughout your yard, spring means deer nibbling on the flowers you planted, summer means deer drinking from the birdbath, and fall means…more deer. If you are ready to deter deer away from your yard and landscaping once and for all, fences might be a solution. Is installation a deer fence the best solution for your home?
Why Are Deer a Problem?
Deer are present in such high numbers throughout the eastern states and they can cause a huge number of problems, including:
- Eating your garden and landscaping
- Devastating financial impacts on farms and orchards
- Auto collision costs from hitting deer (there are 1.5 million car accidents caused by deer every year)
- An increased risk of ticks and Lyme disease spread where they live
How Can I Choose the Right Deer Fence?
Deer fences are dictated based on the requirements of your neighborhood and your specific needs. Some of the things you need to consider include:
- What local codes and regulations govern your neighborhood, on a municipal level and an HOA-level?
- What type of fence will complement your property? Think of things like height, property size, visibility, design, and appearance
- How much money do you have to spend installing a deer fence?
- How effective do you need the fencing material to be in terms of strength, durability, and maintenance?
- How much protection do you need? The length of the property or just the areas where you have plantings?
What Are My Deer Fence Options?
The most common deer fencing materials include:
- Wood fencing that is solid or slatted
- Vinyl fencing made into wood-like boards that are solid or slatted
- Metal fencing like chain link or wrought iron. Metal fencing can be welded, woven, vinyl-coated, wire mesh, or galvanized
- Plastic mesh fencing designed to cover large areas of land
Beautiful Deer Fences from Hercules Fence Newport News
Ready to get your perfect fence installed around your residential or commercial property or get your existing fence repaired? Hercules Fence has extensive experience in repairing and constructing fences made out of any and every material. Our experienced team can help meet your fencing needs, whether they’re residential or commercial, for the right price. Give us a call at 757-316-3600 or visit us online. To see examples of our work and keep in touch, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Flickr, and Pinterest.